Resetting MacBook Air is easy as you only need to follow a few basic steps.
In this article, the methods or steps on how to reset Macbook Air Factory settings have been detailed. Continue to read to know everything about it.
A MacBook is considered to be one of the most impressive devices available in the market. It is a brand of laptop computers designed and marketed by Apple Inc.
The most important fact about MacBook is that it uses Apple’s macOS operating system. This makes MacBook different from other laptops. MacBook’s performance is shiny. Well, some tech geeks say that this brilliant performance can be improved by simply resetting the devices. However, many people face difficulty while resetting their MacBook. So, this article will deal with how to reset a MacBook Air.
Facts to keep in mind before resetting
There are certain facts that should be considered before learning how to factory reset MacBook Air. These are:
- Resetting the MacBook erases all stored data. Therefore, take a backup of essential MacBook data.
- The signature of all apple-related sites is required. Make sure no other user is logged in on iTunes, iMessage, iCloudetc
- You also need to disrupt all the devices linked to your MacBook Air.
How to Factory Reset a MacBook Air
- Turn on the MacBook while holding down the Ordered and the R keys on the keyboard. When the Apple logo appears, let go.
- Choose the language and go to the next step.
- Click Continue after selecting Disk Utility.
- Now, in the sidebar, select the startup disk and click on the Erase button.
- Select Mac OS Extended from the drop-down menu after choosing a name for the disk, after it has been erased, and click Erase.
- Leave the window by clicking on finished.
- Connect to Wi-Fi in the upper right corner.
- Choose to reinstall macOS from the main menu, then click Continue.
- Continue by pressing the Enter key. When a pop-up window appears, select Continue.
- To continue, accept the Software License Agreement.
- Click Install after selecting the boot disk. Finally, the computer will restart and the installation will begin.
Advantages of reset
There are many benefits of resetting MacBook, like:
- Everything on the Mac, including data, software, programs, and folders, will be removed from it. Thus, it restores the MacBook to its factory settings.
- Any changes made to the default settings will be reverted to its original state.
- The system will only contain default apps and software after factory reset.
- OS X will be uninstalled and a fresh copy of OS X will be installed.
In various situations, a user may want to restore factory settings on their Mac. This is because the reset operation erases the entire hard drive; some people do this before selling their gadgets. Others reset their MacBook to restore factory settings and remove data they no longer need. Some people just do it to start over with their old gadgets.